2021年12月6日 星期一

Significance and Takeaways of the 2021 English Tao Seminar held during the Pandemic Part 2

Significance and Takeaways of the 2021 English Tao Seminarheld during the Pandemic Part 2

◎ Courtesy of San Francisco and Michigan Zhong Shu Temple, USA 美國舊金山及密西根忠恕道院提供

(continued from 395)相關連結:Significance and Takeaways of the 2021 English Tao Seminar held during the Pandemic Part 1

※Luke

For most of my life, I’ve believed in the Heavenly Mother and all the different forms and names it is referred to. Now, I know that the Heavenly Mother exists. I know now how fortunate I am to have the opportunity to cultivate. Misguided perceptions and habits are scary to face, but the more I avoid them, the more amplified these karmic debts become. It’s not an easy path to walk, yet the prospect of continuing these karmic cycles is even scarier. Scary as it may be, I have the means to face it. 

Thanks to my predecessors, as well as current Dian Chuan Shi and temple staff, I’ve had the opportunity to attend this Tao seminar, many classes, and the Zhong Shu College. I have gained much knowledge that must be converted to wisdom through experience and action. Thanks to my very wise mother and very hardworking father, I am in school, learning a lot about myself through music and books, especially through channels of depth psychology which my mom introduced to me. 

During the seminar vow ceremony, as I pondered upon the first great vow, its value became abundantly clear. I’ve received a lot in my life so far, yet I’ve always received them from a mundane perspective. These gifts become significantly more potent though, when approached from a heavenly perspective. In other words, when I allow my ego to surrender some power and control, the self/gifts become not only more useful to me, but also contagious to others. I’m going to keep on opening my heart to the world/Heavenly Mother/true Self. That’s what I think I need to work on right now anyway. Oh, and also being able to see the Heavenly Mother in others as well! Thank you to all!

※盧克

從小以來,我就相信 老和各種不同仙佛的稱號及代表。現在,我知道 老是存在的,我明暸能修道是多麼幸運的一件事。很多不正確的觀念和習慣很難去面對,我愈想避免它,業障則愈是放大。修道的路不好走,但是輪迴更是可怕;雖然輪迴令人可怕,但是我已經有方法(道的方式)來面對它。

感恩前人、點傳師和堂的道親們,後學得以參加此次法會、堂的課程,以及新制初級部,後學現在需要用行動和經歷來把道場學習到的知識變為智慧。感謝我有一位充滿智慧的母親和一位努力工作的父親,讓我可以在學校裡學習,特別是母親所引導我在心靈上的深入。

法會立愿中,當我認真地思考我第一個愿時,它的價值是特別清楚的。在我這一生,從世俗的觀點而言,我已經得到很多的禮物。但是從上天神聖的觀點來說,這些禮物是多麼地有力量和有效力。換句話說,當我放下自我,一些力量、控制力、天賦不但對自己有用,也影響到別人。我會繼續向這個世界、 老和真我打開心房;這就是我現在需要做的。對了,也希望他人心中的 老能體現!謝謝大家!

※James Anderson 

I enjoyed the Tao seminar very much and the staff at the temple are very nice, it felt like a family.  I like all the topics, they were well chosen, especially, Karma–cause and effect.  From the (Why To Be Vegetarian?) topic, I now stop eating garlic and onion. 

I was so touched from the sharing by Andrew Mui about Tien En Shr De and about the sacrifice of Zhang Lao Qian Ren. When he passed away, so many people lined up on the street to pay respect.

I will try to fulfill my vow like service at the temple when needed, to introduce Tao to my family and friends.

※詹姆斯‧安德森

後學非常喜歡這次的法會。佛堂的辦事人員都很親切,就像家人一樣。後學很喜歡所有的課程及主題,特別是「 因果業力」。聽完「為什麼要茹素?」後,原已吃素的我已經不吃蒜和蔥了。

Andrew Mui 壇主分享「天恩師德」和張老前人犧牲奉獻的事蹟,讓我非常感動。尤其是當張老前人歸空時,很多人跪在路旁向他致敬這件事。

後學會努力做到所立的愿,在佛堂服務、向我的家人和朋友分享道的尊貴。


※Heather Storeng

Thank you for the opportunity to speak to so many sincere Tao Relatives yesterday. They touched me with how much they appreciated the sacrifices our predecessors have made for us. In America, it is uncommon to have this type of respect.

It also was very meaningful for me that several people were moved to tears by my father's final moments and how his transition was made easier due to Tao. He is still making an impact on people even though his physical body is no longer here. His days of giving to others have not ended, neither have his opportunities to do Tao work. By giving me the honor to speak, he was able to be present at the seminar and the merit went to him.

※希瑟‧斯通

感謝 天恩師德,讓後學有機會在這麼多道親面前分享個人的修道體悟。道親們對於前人為我們所做的犧牲奉獻有如此深刻的體悟,這讓後學很感動。如此對前人的尊崇,在美國是很少有的、很不尋常的。

當後學提到家父的臨終過程,因為臨終前不久求了道(女兒因孝順在今年疫情中度父親求道,並隨侍父親身旁),讓他在往生的過程,走得自在及安詳,道親們都為此流下感動的眼淚。對我來說這是非常有意義的,因為後學的父親雖然肉體已經不在,但他對別人的影響並未終止,對行道的工作也沒有中斷,後學有機會在法會中分享,可以感受到父親也在此參與法會。如有任何功德,一切都迴向給我的父親。

※Raziya 

For me, the seminar was perfect, so well organized with excellent food service. 

Firstly, I was overcome with joy and gratitude for the ever flowing enlightenment I received. At this senior level of my life, I’m continually seeking greater clarity of the purpose of my life. What more can ‟I” do? I found the presentations of our Temple leaders and staff to be quite inspirational for me to become more committed to cultivation AND propagation.

Fatimah Lewis’s presentation was outstandingly inspiring. I was also jolted by presentation on Karma but reassured as he (Master Chu) offered me more tools for life insights. 

Peace and Love.

※拉齊婭

這次法會非常的圓滿,一切都井然有序。同時,餐點也非常的精美、可口。

在法會中,後學被源源不斷的啟發、攝受所折服,內心充滿喜悅和感激。在我人生八十多歲的這個階段,我仍然不斷地在尋求更明確的人生目標。「我」還可以多做些什麼事情呢?佛堂點傳師及講員們的分享非常鼓舞人心。他們讓我更堅定地要來修道及分享「道」予他人。

Fatimah Lewis上課分享的內容格外令人啟發。褚楚麟點傳師「因果」這堂課,猶如獅子吼般震撼了我,亦消除了我的疑慮,因為他提供了我更多的智慧思惟來深入明暸人生真義。

願充滿祥和及愛!


※Brenda Chen

Zhong Shu means being the best of myself, and then helping others to be the best version of themselves. I-Kuan-Tao means oneness, no differentiation and all beings are equal. On Sunday, 8/22, thanks for the grace of Heaven and holy teacher’s guidance, we had a successful English Tao seminar for new Tao receivers in both San Francisco and Michigan Zhong Shu Temples. The attendees were in person at the temples, via Zoom the speakers were shared by these two locations. There were a total of 28 attendees ages 20 to 80. We may look different but we all have the same Buddha nature. The topics include: Significant meanings of the Tao seminar, Cause and Effect. Meaning of Life, Why Cultivate Tao, How to Cultivate, Filial Piety, Tian En Shr Te, Faith, Vow and Performance. The Tao seminar was such a meaningful gathering!  Everyone wore face masks throughout the entire seminar. Masks off for the photo only. 

※陳碧峰

「忠恕」是指做自己生命中的貴人,進而做別人生命中的貴人。一貫道是「吾道一以貫之」──無分別心,眾生平等。8月22日星期日,舊金山和密西根的忠恕道院,在天人共辦下,講員和學員在兩地的道場實體參與,藉由Zoom 的科技,共同圓滿舉行了一場新道親英文法會。參加的學員共有28 位,從20歲到80歲不等,雖然有不同的膚色,卻有相同的佛性。法會的專題包括:法會殊勝、因果、生命的意義、為何修道、如何修道、孝順、天恩師德及信愿行。這是一場非常有意義的法會!法會全程戴口罩,只有在照相時把口罩脫掉。

※Fatimah

Thanks to the Grace of Heaven and the virtues of predecessors, I have often wondered what makes a Tao Seminar such a uniquely blessed occasion for Tao relatives, and why are we presented with so many challenges and obstacles just before the seminar? Why are the blessings, lessons, realizations and transformations during the time of a Tao Seminar so monumental?

During the Tao seminar, with the wisdom and guidance of our Holy Teacher, we learn the Essence of Tien En Shr De: ‟Three Treasures, Filial Piety, Why Be Vegetarian, The Meaning of Life and Faith, Vows and Performance.” These truths embody the core and fundamental principles and practices in the path and work of Tao cultivators.  

When we bring our sincere and grateful heart to a Tao Seminar, we can experience Tao Essence in each integral part, from the very first ceremony to the meals prepared by Heavenly Chefs, the Tao songs, presentations and everything in between. So much fulfillment in one day!  The Tao Seminar is truly Human and Heaven working together!

Finally, it is due to the presence of Saints, Sages, Ancestors and God’s mercifulness and Grace that the Tao seminar is a catalyst to deepen our Tao roots. Tao Seminar provided life changing tools and a strong foundation on which our Life’s spiritual work and cultivation build. I greatly appreciate and sincerely cherish the blessing of Tao Seminars.

If I have said anything incorrectly I ask for forgiveness from God, Saints and Buddhas and correction from Dien Chuan Shr.

※法提瑪

感謝 天恩師德, 上天老母慈悲,後學常常無法理解,為何一場法會能給道親們一個獨特的福報機緣?和為什麼許多前賢在法會之前,會遇到如此多的挑戰和障礙?又為何在法會期間的福澤、學習、體悟和轉變具有如此巨大的意義?

法會中,在濟公老師的智慧和指導下,我們學習了 天恩師德的精華:「三寶、孝道、為何素食、生命的意義、立愿和行動」。這些真理涵蓋了修道者應走的道路和工作,及核心之原則和實踐。

當我們把真誠和感恩的心注入法會時,我們可以體驗道之精髓存在於每一流程之中,從開始的請壇禮,到天廚們用心準備的飯菜,道歌,每個專題及其過程中的一切。如此豐富心靈的一天!法會真是一場天人共辦的聖事!

最後,正由於 上天老母慈悲,諸天神聖、祖先的庇佑,法會成為我們加深道根的催化劑。法會提供我們生命轉變的工具,及建立人生靈性追求和修行的堅實基礎。後學非常感激並由衷地珍惜法會的賜福。

如果後學說錯了什麼,請求 上天老母慈悲、諸天仙佛的原諒,以及點傳師的指正。


※Luci Pringle

I received Tao to help myself in giving my life some much-needed direction. I had been feeling lost and overwhelmed for some time as well as having guilt about everyone and their situations and almost every adult decision I’ve made in life. Tao gave me a hope I hadn’t felt in a long while but I admit I wasn’t sure what to expect from Tao. The seminar helped in providing clarification. 

There was so much valuable information that highlighted what Tao does for us–it explained life’s meaning, the importance of filial piety and why being vegan is important to the inner balance Tao can provide. The information on karma was powerful for me in understanding my challenges in life and the ‟solution” to them. For so long, I had been feeling that my life was someone else’s punishment and that I was helpless to do anything about it. Tao shows that it is not the case because 1. there is a reason for my challenges and 2. I can learn how to help heal myself, my ancestors and my descendants. 

I also appreciated the reminder that Tao is not a ‟cure” for challenges because there will still be challenges but that its truth lights the path to a healthier response to challenges and, ultimately, a healthier relationship with myself and my life.

※露西‧普林格爾

求道幫助後學的人生找到急需的方向。有一段很長的時間,後學一直感到迷茫和不知所措,並對每個人及其處境,以及自己一生中幾乎每個成年時所做的決定,都感到內疚。「道」給了後學一個很久沒有感受到的希望,但我承認我仍不確定「道」能帶給我什麼;而在這次法會中,澄清了許多心中的問題。

法會中有很多很有價值的信息,彰顯出「道」對我們的作用——它解釋了生命的真諦、孝道的重要性,以及為什麼素食、「素食養慈」對人內在平衡的重要性。關於業力的專題,對後學生活上的挑戰和「解決方案」很有幫助。後學一直以為,我的生命存在帶給他人痛苦,是對他人的懲罰,為此,我自己也無能為力。一直到認識「道」,才認知:1.我所面臨的種種挑戰都有它的原因,以及2.我可以學習如何修復自己和祖先及後代的因緣。

後學也很感謝在法會中被提醒到,「道」不是問題的「解藥」,因為仍然會有挑戰,但「道」的真理,照亮一條能夠更健康地應對挑戰的路,並且最終與自己和生活周遭建立了更健康的關係。

※Nancy Hayes

Although I have meditated and contemplated the words of Lao Tzu for many years, I only recently found the Zhong Shu Temple. Attending the workshop last weekend transformed me from an individual who studied the Tao to a Tao relative who now can deeply cultivate the Tao rather than just study. The sharing and teaching was very enlightening and touching beyond words and reached the heart.

The presence of the predecessors was deeply felt. I took a vow to be vegetarian. I am most pleased to take this step and I deeply feel the support of my Tao family as I vow to live a lifestyle that is healthy for the planet and compassionate to all sentient beings.

*ps. Ever since Nancy received Tao this year, she has introduced Tao to her friend and her grandson. She has also volunteered to help out in the Family Sutra Class.

※南希‧海斯

後學過去打坐了多年,也有多年沉浸在老子的《道德經》,但是一直到最近,才(在因緣俱足下)找到密西根忠恕道院。上週末參加的法會,讓後學從一個學道的人變成一個可以深入修道的道親,而不是僅僅研究「道」。法會中的分享和專題非常有啟發性,超越語言,深入我心。

後學深深感受到前人輩(歷代祖師們)的存在。後學發愿要吃素。很高興邁出這一步,後學深深感受到道場同修們的支持,發愿要過一種有益於地球、慈悲眾生的生活方式。

註:求道不久的Nancy Hayes 已度了好友及孫子求道,並至親子讀經班行無畏施。


※Nora 

Why do we cultivate Tao?

To resolve our sins and karmic debts.
To grow in wisdom and enlightenment.
To understand and realize the truth.
To fulfill our vow and return to heaven.
To transcend life and death.

For me, the first and foremost drive to cultivate Tao is to resolve my sins and debts. I am so grateful that Lee Dian Chuan Shi has been spending a lot of time teaching me how to grow in wisdom, and how to become kind and gentle to people around me. I am grateful that everyone in the Tao family embraces me and shows that they care about me.  

Before I came here, I always thought that I was the victim of my mother’s ignorance. She did not love me because I was born into a girl. I felt lack of security ever since I remembered things. I was nice to people who were not my family or close friends. I attacked my husband and son at times when I felt insecure, as I didn’t trust that I was loved, and I actively found traits and signs to prove that my feeling was correct. I didn’t trust that my husband loved me, even though he purposely changed his favorite car’s license plate to ‟LOVENORA”, yet from the bottom of my heart, I didn’t trust him at all. 

Now, I realize that I have made so many sins and karmic debts. I sincerely apologize to my husband, my son, and my mother. I am eager to learn more from you on how to grow in wisdom and enlightenment.

※黃和玉

我們修的是什麼道?

我們是修消冤解孽的道
我們是修智慧覺照的道
我們是修明理通達的道
我們是修了劫還鄉的道
我們是修超生了死的道(活佛師尊慈訓)

對我來說,修道的首要動力是消除我的罪孽和冤欠。很感激李寬仁點傳師花了很多時間教我如何增長智慧、如何對我周圍的人友善和溫柔。也很感激道院的每個人都包容我,展現對我的關心。

來這裡之前,我一直以為自己是媽媽無知的受害者。她不愛我,因為我出生是個女兒身。記憶中從懂事起就覺得缺乏安全感,我對那些不是我親密家人或朋友的人很好。我有時會在感到不安全時攻擊我的丈夫和兒子,因為我不相信我被愛,我積極尋找特徵和跡象來證明我的感覺是正確的。我不相信我丈夫會愛我,即使他特意把他最喜歡的車的車牌改成「LOVENORA」,但從心底我根本不相信他。

現在,我意識到我犯了很多的罪和業債。我真誠地向我的丈夫、兒子和我的母親道歉。我渴望向您們大家學習更多關於如何增長智慧及悟性。

(The End)

沒有留言:

張貼留言

話大德張老前人

◎ 劉黃河點傳師   邂逅 我們的大德張老前人,與後學的首次邂逅相遇,因緣可謂奇特,在那時之前,我們從未謀面,素昧生平。 那是後學退役後的事,後學工作於新店二十張路的一家公司,這公司的總經理也姓張,也是上海人。這位張君住在羅斯福路三段,就是台灣大學正對面...